Watch this short video to see what Transact Payments has to offer.
- Log in to your My Rose-Hulman account and click on the Banner Web Quick Link on the home page.
- Log in to Banner Web and select the PaymentsTab.
- Click on “Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet) Student Account Online.”
- To add authorized users, click “Add New” under the Parent PINs section to authorize parents or other parties to view and/or make payments to your account. You must create a unique PIN/USERNAME for each authorized user. We suggest that you use their e-mail address as the PIN/USERNAME value.
- An email will be sent to the authorized user with their PIN/USERNAME and temporary password. When the authorized user logs in to Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet)
for the first time, they will need to create a new password.
Login Instructions for Parents and Other Authorized Parties
- If not already completed, please ask your student to perform the steps above to authorize you as an additional user on his/her Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet) account. Once authorized, an email will be sent to you containing your PIN/USERNAME and temporary password to access the Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet) website.
- Log in to Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet) using the PIN/USERNAME and password provided to you by email. You will be required to change your password the first time that you login to Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet).
For further assistance or to report problems with the Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet) site, please contact the Financial Services Office at (812) 877-8296.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet)?
Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet) is an online vendor that provides a site to house online billing statements and other information related to bills for students at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology. Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet) enables students and authorized users to receive electronic notification that new account activity is available for viewing. Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet) also enables students and authorized users to pay student account fees, including tuition, room and board, health insurance, course fees and other miscellaneous charges, online. Through Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet), students and authorized users will be able to view e-bills and make e-payments online.
Is there a fee for paying online?
If paying by e-check, utilizing ACH through your checking or savings account, there is no charge. Make sure that you follow the instructions very carefully and properly input your bank’ s routing number and account number. Returned electronic checks are treated the same as any dishonored item. The student account will be charged a fee if your check is returned.
If paying by credit card a convenience fee of 2.75% will be charged.
If I pay online today, when does the payment show on my student account?
Online payments through Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet) are typically applied to your student account immediately. International Funds Transfer (IFT) payments will show as pending until Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology receives the funds from the payer’s bank. It may take several days for IFT transactions to complete and post as a payment on the student account.
I’m not comfortable paying online, can I still mail a check?
Yes! You can mail a check to the following address:
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
5500 Wabash Ave, CM 21
Terre Haute, IN 47803
Will the online bill notification be sent only to the students’ email?
When a new bill is ready to view, students will receive an email notification to their Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology email account. Authorized users who have been set up by the student will also receive an email notification.
What is an authorized user?
Students have the option to designate another party, such as a parent, to view and pay student bills. This third party will receive his/her own log-on information by email once the student has authorized him/her to have access. The authorized user will be notified via email that the student’ s e-bill is available for viewing.
Can a student have more than one authorized payer?
Yes, a student can authorize more than one payer. Can authorized users view other authorized users information? No. Each authorized user only has access to their information along with access to the students account activity and e-bills.
Can multiple bank accounts be set-up for payment?
Yes. Students and authorized users can set-up and pay from multiple accounts.
Can I get a paper bill? All students will receive electronic bills. Paper bills can be obtained by accessing the account online, through Transact Payments (formerly CASHNet), and printing the e-bill. The e-bill can be accessed and printed from any computer with internet and printer access. The e-bill can also be downloaded and e-mailed as a PDF attachment. If an authorized user would like to receive a paper copy of the bill, the student or user can print the bill at any time.