Get a head start on your college coursework, with Rose Accelerate! This summer online program allows eligible high school juniors and seniors, as well as admitted first-year college students who meet course requirements, to enroll in courses taught by faculty at one of the nation's top STEM colleges and earn credits towards a Rose-Hulman degree!
As a Rose Accelerate student, you'll be in class with students like you. Students who are passionate about learning - especially about science and math. Many will also be your future peers at Rose-Hulman.
Rose Accelerate course offerings and Dates (Summer 2022)
The following courses are only available to eligible high school juniors and seniors, as well as admitted first-year college students:
- Requires completion of at least one high school chemistry course and Algebra 2
- Requires completion of pre-calculus and trigonometry
The following courses are only available to eligible high school juniors and seniors, and admitted first-year college students integrated with current Rose-Hulman students:
Course dates run June 1-August 18, 2022.
Qualify for Rose 2
Students who successfully complete Rose Accelerate courses can apply those credits towards admittance into the Rose 2 program, which offers qualified Rose-Hulman students the opportunity to pursue a bachelor's and master's degree concurrently in 4 years at no additional cost!
ROSE ACCElerate ELIGIBILITY
Students interested in Rose Accelerate must meet the following criteria:
- An admitted first-year Rose-Hulman student (Class of 2021), or
- A high school junior (Class of 2023) or senior (Class of 2022) who is academically successful, and on track to complete:
- 4 years of math
- 4 years of English
- 2 years of social sciences
- Science classes in biology, chemistry, and physics
- Recommended by a school counselor to be able to manage rigor of introductory college coursework
- Acknowledge ability to meet online technology requirements
- If possible, demonstrated college readiness by:
- Standardized Test Score of:
- ACT Math of 24 or higher or PACT Math of 22 or higher, or
- SAT Math of 550 or higher or PSAT Math of 520 or higher
- ACT English of 21 or higher or PACT English of 19 or higher, or
- SAT EBRW of 500 or higher or PSAT of 470 or higher
- Admitted students without standardized test scores and requesting enrollment in Calculus I must complete ALEKS Placement, Preparation and Learning to demonstrate academic readiness.
- First-year college students (Class of 2021) not attending Rose-Hulman may apply for admission to the Rose Accelerate program.
ROSE ACCElerate costs
Costs for Rose Accelerate are based on credit hours earned and range from $2,500 to $3,000. Additional costs may apply for textbook access and lab supplies.
Application deadline: April 20, 2022 - All materials must be received by this date.
Summer 2023 Courses and Dates TBD