We select a model each year so that everyone has the same laptop. Laptops must be paid for at the time the order is placed in June. If you indicate the payment is by loan, the loan must be secured and the laptop paid in full by freshman move-in day.
Our campus network includes 7,000 wired Ethernet ports and an extensive IEEE 802.11ac wireless network, which means you can work online nearly anywhere on campus. That includes all residence-hall rooms, snack bars, classrooms, labs and green spaces. The wired Ethernet infrastructure is a fully switched 1Gbps network with a 2Gbs connection to the Internet.
What comes in your laptop bundle?
- Laptop computer
- Software suite
- Upgrades for Institute Licensed software will be available as long as you're a student
- Four-year warranty
- Ethernet Cable
- Thule EnRoute Escort 2 backpack
The 2020-2021 freshman class will be using the Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 2:
- Processor: Intel Core i7 9750H
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 (2 modules)
- Hard Drive: 512GB Solid State, M.2 2280, NVMe
- Display: 15.6” FHD 1920X1080
- Video Card: NVIDIA Quadro T1000 4GB GDDR5
- Network Card: Intel AX200 2x2AX+BT vPro
- Battery: 4 cell Li-Polymer 80Wh
- USB: (2) USB 3.1 Gen 1 and (2)USB Type C / Thunderbolt 3.1
- External Video Port: HDMI 2.0
- Integrated Webcam: IR & 720P HD camera with Mic
- Warranty: 4year with Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)
Have questions? View our FAQ below.