World-Class STEM Education, World-Class Art Collection
We believe that arts enrichment is an important part of a well-rounded education—even at a STEM-focused school. Visitors to Rose-Hulman are often surprised to see our vast collection of artwork, which is displayed throughout campus. The Rose-Hulman Collection features these impressive pieces:
- 130 19th century British watercolors of the realism school, including landscapes and still lifes
- 100 paintings and crafts by Hoosier artists or about Indiana (from the Tri Kappa Collection)
- More than 650 paintings by the late D. Omer "Salty" Seamon, noted Indiana watercolorist
- 400 ceramic works by the late, internationally known Mary Alice Hadley, including urns, plates, bowls and wall hangings
- Paintings and bronze castings depicting scenes of the American West (from the Swango Western Art Collection)
In addition to these permanent pieces of the collection, Rose-Hulman has ongoing exhibits on display throughout campus. Tours of the collections may be scheduled by contacting Christy Brinkman, Art Curator, by phone at 812-877-8452 or email. See the online galleries.